Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #121
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Back in 2001 and 2002 Burton and Haysi played and I know that Norton won in OT when David Stacy threw a td pass to Justin Campbell and I'm really not sure who won the second year..

  2. #122
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hokies4Ever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They'll be in the running with honaker for the BDD title. 8-2 to 7-3 most likely. </div></div>

    They are only playing 9 games (unless they can pick up a 10th and the liklyhood of that happening this late is SLIM)

    Haysi SHOULD go into this seasons games as the Fav in all but 2 games( not that they could not end up winning those games) I am picking them to finish 7-2

  3. #123
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years, I think Haysi and Norton has played, but I can't remember who won. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? </div></div>


    When I played for Burton from 95-98 we played Haysi a few times.

    '96 - 56-6 Burton
    '97 - 26-27 Haysi
    '98 - 34-28 Burton

    We had some good teams then. If we could've beaten Appy in the playoffs we may have had a state championship or two. But who knows we may not have had any at all.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  4. #124
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    the 97 and 98 HAysi/Norton were great games I WISH that these 2 teams could start up that series again

  5. #125
    Inactive Member mlhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I'm just curious Ironlung. What exactly did you mean when you said you sure can tell that Tom didn't make Appy's schedule?

  6. #126
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 97 and 98 HAysi/Norton were great games I WISH that these 2 teams could start up that series again </div></div>

    IMO Burton and Haysi always seem to match up well against each other. Those few years when they played after I graduated they seem to good games. I think in the '99 or '00 season Haysi won 7-0. So yeah those games were always good.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  7. #127
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Tom would always play a tough schedule. He'd play Sullivan North or Honaker or some team that Appy really shouldn't be playing to challenge his team. None of the non conference teams on this years schedule are world beaters. It's not that hard to figure out.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #128
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sullivan North does not spread it out. They run the Double Wing behind a typically huge o-line. On D they run the 3-3-5 via Georgia Military (never saw them in a 4-4). They play a lot of kids both ways and down the stretch last year they had a ton of injuries and missed the playoffs by one game. They play up 2 classifications in 4A ball. </div></div>

    I believe he is referring to Volunteer, but I am not sure. I know if the Cradic kid is back at QB they have a talented athlete under center. If not, then I have no clue.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #129
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I was just looking at the seniors graduating this past year, and thought that this was going to be a tough year for Haysi.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They are only playing 9 games (unless they can pick up a 10th and the liklyhood of that happening this late is SLIM)

    Haysi SHOULD go into this seasons games as the Fav in all but 2 games( not that they could not end up winning those games) I am picking them to finish 7-2 </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #130
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    You are right...that post was in reference to Volunteer...have no idea how anyone got North out of it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •